College Animation Programs:
What the College Animation Programs are Looking for:
- Artistic ability
- Strong Portfolio
- Procedural Approach
Typical Portfolio Requirements:
- Statement of Intent.
- Drawing Test: eg. create 2 drawings of the same room. Choose an unusual vantage point.
Try to create a pleasing composition with accurate perspective.
- A rendered drawing of a still-life that you set up, including
one piece of cloth material.
- 3 drawings of your own hand in different
relaxed positions, rendered in soft pencil.
- 12 Life Drawings from a model; gesture drawings of less than 1 minute.
Use charcoal or conte if possible.
- Samples from sketchbooks
demonstrating creativity and experimentation.
- 10 additional pieces of artwork from
categories such as: colour rendering, computer graphics,
illustration, painting, animation layout, character design,
photography, sculpture etc. Colour copies are recommended.
Do not send originals, they may not return them to you.